Friday, January 18, 2013

Roses over Revlon "Electric"

This is one of my favorite nail art manicures to do, mainly because it is fairly simple and people are always impressed. This manicure reminds me of the wallpaper that was in the Betsey Johnson store at the Garden State Plaza. Yes, that is a weirdly specific reference.

China Glaze "Instant Chemistry"

One of my first forays into magnetic nail polish. I really do like the effect, but the magnet for the China Glaze polish is terrible. I don't know if my nails are too long, or too curved, but I would wind up with a small patch of the design in the middle of my nails, which looked pretty stupid. I had more luck with the magnet that came with some drugstore magnetic polish.

OPI "Pirouette My Whistle" over OPI "Steady as She Rose" with a matte topcoat

Despite the ridiculous name, "Pirouette My Whistle" is one of my favorite glitters. It looks really delicate, for lack of a better word, and works over a lot of different colors. Making it matte gives it an almost lunar look.

Ninja Polish "Sticks and Stones" over Sally Hansen "Blue-Away"

While I never fully bought into the Lynnderella craze, I really really wanted "Connect the Dots." Alas, it was impossible to get and I wasn't willing to put myself on waiting lists or stay up into the wee hours of the night refreshing and waiting for a restock. Nor was I willing to spend $50 (literally) on eBay. So when Ninja Polish released this dupe, I was more than happy to spend my dollars their way. It's a great polish and it is easy to get a variety of shapes on your brush.

Essie "A Crewed Interest"

Nice peach/coral creme that is perfect for summer. Not much else to say.

China Glaze "Rich and Famous"

Very bright and very pink.

Essie "Pretty Edgy"

Perfect grass green borderline-jelly polish. I love this color.

OPI "Don't Touch My Tutu"

Another attempt to make these milky polishes work for me.

Layla "Flash Black"

Who doesn't love a holographic polish? This is everything I wanted OPI "My Private Jet" to be.

China Glaze "Gothic Lolita"

I don't know why it took me forever to wear this polish. I like that this is a warm toned purple, which for some reason are harder to find. This picture doesn't show the subtle pink and blue shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment