Monday, January 30, 2012

My Year of Nails and Books and Other Things

I'm back. I could rattle off an endless list of reasons why I haven't touched this blog in over 8 months, but no one wants to hear all the ways in which life has backhanded me in 2011. But hey, remember that car I posted about back in May? Well it finally got towed! Anyway, I made some "New Year's Resolution" type things that lend themselves to blogging. First, I wanted to take a picture of every manicure I do this year. I figure this blog is as good a place as any to post those pictures and talk about nail polish. Second, I want to read 30 books this year. I know, I know, I know. Everyone always wants to read 50 books, but I have a job and I'm in school again(I know, how did that happen?) and I don't know that 50 is realistic. I'd rather read more than I planned than fall short. I will discuss all my important and scholarly feelings about what I read. Be forewarned, there will probably be a lot of "Young Adult Fiction" here, as I am an 8th grade teacher and like to read what my students like to read. I'm like the cool mom from Mean Girls. Third, I planned to get my act together and floss regularly. I don't plan to document that here. You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment